Apple iPhone/iPad FAQ & Troubleshooting
Apple iPhone / iPad FAQ & Troubleshooting
- Insert SD or MicroSD card from your trail camera into the BuckStruck. Note: The card must be standard FAT32 format and contain photos or videos before you connect it to BuckStruck. If it's not in this format it will not work.
- Once your card is inserted into the BuckStruck Card Reader, plug it into your device using the lightning port. There is an extender included in the package for thick or bulky cases.
- After plugging in to your device, you may be prompted to go to the App Store and download an app. You may choose to do so here, or manually install it in step 4.
- Open the App Store and search for "iUSB PRO". Download and install the app.
- Open the iUSB PRO app and select the "iUSB" icon in the bottom left. You will be able to browse files and videos on your card.
To copy, move, or delete files - select the EDIT option in the top left containing the folder of the files you want to make a change to. You can choose to copy files to your local device by selecting COPY -> APP, which will copy to your device in the iUSB PRO app.
Will my iDevice work with the BuckStruck Card Reader?
- It is Compatible With: iPhone 5/5S/5C, iPhone 6/6s/6 Plus, iPhone 7, iPad 4/Air/Mini/Mini2/6 - *Added Bonus: Includes FREE Lightning Extender for most** protective cases
What's this extra little connector piece included in the package?
- This is the Lightning connector extender. It is provided so that if you have a large case such as lifeproof or Otterbox, it will still connect.
The connection is a little bit wonky. How do I fix that?
- Flip the device over so that the lightning connector is plugged in the opposite way.
Device says "not connected" when opening the app. How do i fix that?
The problem that we've encountered has been that some cameras need a fresh card in them that is formatted in the correct method (FAT32) to read on the iPhone or iPad devices. Here's how to do it.
**WARNING: This will erase all the files on your SD card, so drag the files onto your computer if you want to save any before formatting. Then when finished drag some photos back onto the SD card and test out your BuckStruck again.
Ensure slide tab on SD card is not lined up with the lock symbol (otherwise you will get a "Write-Protected" error when performing the following steps)
Insert SD card into computer and Go to "My Computer"
"Right-click" your SD card and select "Format"
Select "FAT32" format and format your SD card. This will clean up your SD card and allow it to perform better and also make it the correct format for your phone to read from.
After you've done all that, plug the "empty" card into the card reader FIRST and then into your device. This will fully reset the card. Then take that card and place it in your cam so that it can read/write pictures or videos in the correct format.